(1) I am an American, fighting in the forces which
guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life
in their defense
(2) I will never surrender of my own free will. If
in command, I will never
surrender the members of my command
while they still have the means to
(3) If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all
means available. I will
make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept
neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
(4) If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith
with my fellow prisoners.
I will give no information or take part in any action which might be
harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I
obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me, and will back them up
(5) When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war,
I am required to give
only my name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering
further questions to the utmost of my ability.
I will make no oral or written
statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to
(6) I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom,
responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which
country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of
Hello, if you have the time
would you rate and/or comment on this site..
Thank you, Bob
13years serving Vets on the net.